It’s your time to make a difference!
E-Comm is a recognized leader in emergency communications. We are a place where you can assist the public and first responders when they are in the midst of crisis and provide them with the support they need.
Working at E-Comm
We are a team of more than 650 people unified by our passion for public service. We have created a collaborative and healthy work environment and are looking for people to join our team who share that passion and seek a challenge. Career growth opportunities include: police and fire call-taking, police and fire dispatch, technology services, corporate communications, agency liaising, training, staffing and management.
As we continue to grow as an organization, we remain focused on our values.
|Committed to being courteous, professional, fair, and non-judgemental in all our workplace relationships.||Accept ownership of our actions and behaviours and the outcomes they produce.||Conduct ourselves in a manner that is ethical, reliable, honest, and trustworthy.||Solution-focused when confronted by challenges – being innovative whenever possible.||Achieve success by working together in an atmosphere of open communication, where information is shared and involvement is encouraged.|
At E-Comm, we support our employees’ pursuit of their professional goals and give them the opportunity to be cross-trained in other disciplines and gain knowledge, allowing them to achieve their career goals. We accomplish this by providing employees with:
- Peer mentoring
- Annual employee development days
- Management training
- Job shadowing
Salary and Benefits
E-Comm’s salary range for emergency / non emergency call taker and dispatcher roles
|Call Taker training rate (during 9-month probationary period)||$51,711.66||$25.83|
|Police/Fire Call Takers/Reports Agents (after probation period)||$56,015.96 – $65,885.82||$27.98 – $32.91|
|Police/Fire Dispatchers||$63,243.18 – $74,474.40||$31.59 – $37.20|
|Central/Charge Dispatchers (Senior Roles)||$68,648.58 – $80,760.68||$34.29 – $40.34|
|Trainers||$68,648.58 – $80,760.68||$34.29 – $40.34|
|Team Leads||$60,740.68 – $71,451.38||$30.34 – $35.69|
*2019 rates, as negotiated by E-Comm and CUPE 873-02
- Overtime (paid at 1.5x or 2x hourly rate per Collective Agreement)
- Statutory holiday pay (2x hourly rate)
- Shift differential for hours worked between 1800hrs-0600hrs (.90 per hour).
E-Comm’s competitive salary and benefits program includes:
- Excellent extended health, dental benefits (benefits package for all Bargaining Unit positions)
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Generous vacation plan
- Competitive salary with opportunity for increases
- Employee savings plan (for those who qualify)
- Employee assistance program (free counseling for you or your family members)
We are committed to creating a comfortable and healthy work environment for our employees:
- On-site fitness facility and change rooms/showers
- Zen Den (for employees needing to relax)
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Employee discount program
- Employee computer purchase program
- Recognition events throughout the year including service recognition
- Compressed work week schedule
- Free parking
- Bicycle lock-up facility