Our Key Commitments to 2025
We hope you never have to call us, but if you do, our number one priority is to be there for you – to answer your call and get you the help you need.
E-Comm is committed to providing quality services that are enabled by our people, innovation, and partnerships, while ensuring first responders have the communications tools they need for success. Our (a)SPIRE 2025 Commitments guide our actions and each is supported by a number of strategies to make us successful.
01 / Service
E-Comm delivers reliable, continuous, high-quality services that meet the needs of first responders and public safety.
- Expand operating facilities so that a single site disruption does not interrupt services
- Increase technology redundancy and continually evolve security to ensure continued service
- Enhance and automate business processes and operating procedures to increase service efficiencies and effectiveness
- Advance emergency and business continuity plans to ensure continued operations and that we meet partners’ expectations
- Ensure hiring and training supports organizational needs
02 / People
E-Comm provides a meaningful, professional work experience and a workplace that values and supports its people.
- Ensure a respectful and flexible work environment that supports a positive culture and a healthy life balance
- Create a work environment focused on wellness in which all employees feel supported physically and mentally
- Locate future operating facilities in areas that consider operational needs, including accessibility to staff
- Review and refresh employee value proposition to ensure it remains competitive
03 / Innovation
E-Comm provides leadership in emergency communications innovation.
- Provide the means by which E-Comm and its partners collaboratively research and implement new emergency communication solutions
- Facilitate dialogue among first-responder agencies to evolve operational processes and prepare for the implementation of Next Generation 9-1-1 technologies
- Connect with organizations globally to identify and assess new approaches in emergency communications
- Continue to lead the expansion of information exchange and interoperability between emergency service agencies across British Columbia
04 / Relationships
E-Comm fosters strong stakeholder relationships and builds partnerships that advance emergency communications and public safety.
- Build on our current partnerships to maintain and advance collaborative relationships
- Ensure our corporate structure provides effective oversight, and meets the evolving needs of our stakeholders
- Maintain close dialogue with E-Comm’s communities of interest and collaborate on issues and challenges that impact emergency communications and public safety
- Maintain regular contact with a wide range of organizations at the federal, provincial and municipal levels to leverage opportunities and manage risks
05 / Expansion
E-Comm continually strengthens its services and provides them to communities across British Columbia.
- Develop and implement the Next Generation 9-1-1 platform provincewide
- Offer call-taking and dispatch services on Vancouver Island
- Continue the sustainable integration of call-taking and dispatch services in the Lower Mainland
- Offer our new and existing technology services across the province in a sustainable fashion