E-Comm has published its annual report detailing key activities for 2017.
“From new executive leadership, to breaking ground on a new consolidated 9-1-1 police dispatch centre on Vancouver Island to implementing a new state-of-the-art radio system, 2017 has been a year of transitions for E-Comm,” said Doug Campbell, E-Comm Board Chair.
2017 highlights include:
- E-Comm 9-1-1 call volume tops 1.45 million
- Substantial completion of the replacement of the E-Comm Wide-Area Radio Network
- E-Comm welcomes new dispatch partners: Abbotsford Police Department and Coquitlam Fire/Rescue
- Start of construction of the South Island 9-1-1/Police Dispatch Centre
- E-Comm becomes the first point of contact (Public Safety Answer Point) for the Peace River Regional District
- Text with 9-1-1 service for Deaf and hard-of-Hearing expands to the Fraser Valley Regional District
Read our 2017 Annual Report.