Please remember that 9-1-1 emergency and non-emergency call takers cannot provide general information or updates on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) situation.
Help us keep these vital lines free for emergencies and incidents requiring response from first responders by using the following resources for COVID-19 related enquiries:
- Dial 1-888-COVID-19 for non-medical information about COVID-19 (available 7:30am-8pm)
- If you are sick, use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool to help determine if you need further assessment or testing
- If you feel that you might have COVID-19, please call ahead to your primary care provider’s office or 8-1-1 to assess whether you need testing
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control website for up-to-date information on COVID-19 in British Columbia or the Government of Canada website for national information and resources
- Visit your local police agency website for information about front counter closures and availability of services such as fingerprinting and criminal record checks