In this edition you’ll find:
- A feature story on the start of operations for the new South Island 9-1-1/Police Dispatch Centre. The centre amalgamates 9-1-1 call-answer and police dispatch services for the Victoria, Saanich, Central Saanich and Oak Bay police departments and local RCMP detachments.
- CEO Oliver Grüter-Andrew’s recap on recent service expansions and update on E-Comm’s new strategic plan.
- E-Comm’s year-end media outreach initiative that highlights the top 10 reasons not to call 9-1-1 in 2018.
- A recap of recent emergency planning exercises for high-risk scenarios that require multi-agency response and E-Comm’s Wide-Area Radio Network.
- E-Comm representatives at national conferences (APCO and CITIG) discussing industry topics and presentations related to public safety communications.
- E-Comm connecting with the community at various events from October to December 2018.