In this edition you’ll find:
- An update on the final construction details of the new South Island 9-1-1/Police Dispatch Centre in Saanich. Scheduled to open in early 2019, the centre amalgamates 9-1-1 call-answer and police dispatch services for the Victoria, Saanich, Central Saanich and Oak Bay police departments and local RCMP detachments.
- CEO Oliver Grüter-Andrew’s recaps his first full year in his role and looks ahead to the development of E-Comm’s new strategic plan.
- Discover how E-Comm’s Wide-Area Radio Network in the Lower Mainland is helping police, fire and ambulance personnel communicate with each other to arrest suspects, fight fires and save lives.
- Learn more about E-Comm staff fundraising for, and riding as guest riders with, Cops for Cancer. E-Comm’s corporate donation combined with staff fundraising totalled $7,500 for the Canadian Cancer Society.
- See how E-Comm connected with the community at various events from July to September, sharing tips with the public about calling 9-1-1.